The full General Terms and Conditions of Keesing Reference Systems B.V. are available upon request.
- These Conditions apply to and form an integral part of all offers made by Keesing and to all Agreements between Keesing and the Client.
- The Client is considered to have accepted the Conditions by issuing a written or verbal order and/or by entering into an Agreement or other document evidencing the existence of its commercial relationship with Keesing.
- The applicability of any conditions used by the Client is explicitly excluded.
Offer, ordering and conclusion of Agreement
- All offers made by Keesing are free of engagement and valid for 30 days, unless explicitly agreed upon otherwise.
- Keesing is entitled to reject any offer that has been accepted by a Client within 2 (two) Business Days after receipt of the Client’s acceptance of such offer.
- The Agreement is concluded by making a written or verbal (telephone) order or registration with Keesing and the acceptance of this order or registration by Keesing. Keesing’s acceptance can be expressed via any means of communication and in whatsoever form.
- Unless explicitly agreed upon otherwise Client, all prices charged by Keesing are excluding VAT, other duties imposed by the government, costs for administration, delivery, installation, assembly and any other additional costs.
- Keesing retains the right to change its prices at any time, including but not limited to an annual indexation based on the Producers Price Index as published by the OECD.
- Price changes apply from the moment indicated by Keesing.
- If the Client does not agree to the price change, the Client is entitled to terminate the Subscription by registered letter in accordance with the provisions of Term and termination section 1.
Invoicing and payment
- Invoicing is done by Keesing before delivery of the Product. Subscriptions will be invoiced for the full subscription period in advance.
- Payment of any invoice by the Client is due within 30 days after the date on the invoice.
- The Client is not permitted to settle any amount due to Keesing with any amount due by Keesing to the Client.
- The deadline for payment as defined in section 2 hereof is a firm date. If payment is not made on time, the Client is in default with immediate effect and the Client owes Keesing:
– the statutory interest from the expiry date of the invoice; and
– all costs incurred by Keesing in connection with the (extra)judicial collection of the amount due by the Client, including but not limited to legal costs, with a minimum of 15% of the amount due, without prejudice to Keesing’s right to invoice the Client for the actual costs incurred by Keesing; without prejudice to Keesings other rights in connection with the Client’s default.
- Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all intellectual property rights and similar rights, including but not limited to copyrights, trade mark rights, data base protection rights and neighbouring rights in connection with the Product belong exclusively to Keesing.
- The Client is not entitled to copy or to publish originals or copies of any Product delivered by Keesing without Keesings explicit prior written consent thereto.
- The Client is not permitted to change or remove any indications of rights, brand or trade names of Keesing or third parties made in or on Products and/or Documentation or data carriers.
Term and termination
- Unless explicitly agreed otherwise, all Subscriptions are for a term of 1 (one) year. The starting date of the subscription is indicated in the Agreement . Unless either party notifies the other party of cancellation by registered mail at least 1 (one) month before the end of a term, the Subscription automatically continues for another year.
Right of Use Digital Products
- Keesing grants the Client a temporary, non-transferable and non-exclusive Right of Use for the Digital Product. The Right of Use only covers the rights as explicitly mentioned in these Conditions.
- The Client is not permitted to make the Digital Product publicly available or to reproduce or to change the Digital Product in whatever form.
- Use of the Digital Product is limited to the type of Subscription that has been purchased by the Client.
- Either a per Seat Subscription or Site Subscription is available. If the subscription type is not explicitly specified in a separate Agreement stating otherwise, the applicable subscription type is to be understood as Per Seat Subscription .
- If the Digital Product is, without Keesing’s prior written permission, not used in line with the type of Subscription, the Client is bound to pay the price as usually calculated by a per Seat Subscription for multiple Users, without prejudice to other rights Keesing may have regarding such unauthorised use.
- The Digital Product may only be used for the benefit of the Client’s own business or professional activities of and such use may never result in any form of – either commercial or not – exploitation of the Digital Product or parts thereof by the Client or a third party.
- The Right of Use is granted for the term of the Agreement and terminates automatically at the termination of the Agreement, for whatsoever reason.
Methods of payment
For payments to Keesing Reference Systems by bank transfer please use the following bank account details:
P.O. Box 94374
1090 GJ AMSTERDAM
Account number: 10.64.23.916
Please include your customer and invoice number in your payment instructions. If you wish to pay by cheque, please add an amount of EUR 15 to the total invoice amount. If you wish to pay by credit card please call us at +31 (0)20 7157800, or send us your credit card details via fax +31 (0)20 7157888 or e-mail. We accept VISA, AMEX and MasterCard.
Keesing Technologies is registered at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under registration number: 33230429