Agile Tester / Automation Engineer
Keesing Technologies is a world leader in ID verification tools. To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for a:
Agile Tester / Automation Engineer
Are you an accomplished tester with a background in .NET development and strong scrum experience seeking a new challenge? Then consider joining Keesing Technologies Amsterdam-based team.
You will be part of a fun, talented team responsible for delivering world class IT systems, desktop, mobile and web applications for ID document (e.g. passport / driving license) verification and individual authentication.
As a member of the Keesing scrum teams, you will participate in testing the software development activities, and advocating and ensuring QA best practices are established and baked in from the start. The role is responsible for providing support during the full test process of our applications, including but not limited to: functional testing, unit testing, developing and extending C# test tools to automate tests against our products.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with team members to ensure the satisfactory delivery of application functionality to the customer in a profitable manner.
- Be an advocate of QA throughout the organization.
- Providing technical expertise, e.g. proper use of test techniques in appropriate cases.
- Ensuring the teams (scrum Teams) implement and follow best practices to prevent defects.
- Identify key quality challenges/goals and develop test plans, including test scenario’s, test cases and test data based on interaction with various stakeholders.
- Test planning, preparation, coordination and execution during the full scrum process.
- Provide manual testing support, and the future possible automated test support, for applications developed in C#/JS.
- Support of (automated) system and functional (end user) tests.
- Support end-user (beta) tests.
- Support of Production Installation tests.
- Document and report findings in a structured way.
- Triage bugs reported to determine root cause.
- Facilitation of inter-team communication across many agile projects within an organisation.
- Presenting an aggregate view of testing utilisation to high level management.
- Being an escalation point for testers.
- Budgeting or forecasting for testing as a service dependent on organisational process.
- Work with other testers on test process design, development and overall best practices.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field required or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience working with RESTful APIs – including testing, development, configuration or administration experience in an enterprise environment.
- Minimum 3+ years participation in scrum framework
- Experience in hardware (drivers) integration, preferable (passport/barcode) scanners.
- Knowledge of system design and development used within Service Oriented architecture and web services integration (SOAP, WSDL, RESTful WebAPI)
- Strong knowledge of testing methodologies as Agile testing in scrum Environment, TMAP and/or ISTQB.
- Solid ability to troubleshoot and identify bugs both visually and through various methodologies.
- Must be adaptable to work in a varied, fast paced, multi-disciplined, exciting, ever changing environment
- Capable of working independently and in multiple scrum teams; self-motivated; focused on career advancement; flexibility to work in a fast-paced and lean environment; effective at managing multiple issues simultaneously; able to adapt quickly to new projects and technologies
- High integrity, energy and enthusiasm
- Good communication skills, speaking and writing in English.
Essential knowledge and skills
The ability to technically contribute to the testing strategy is essential to this role. The candidate will work across the scrum teams in the design, development and implementation of applications and software integrations to ensure proper test coverage. The tester will need at least 3+ years’ experience in Test planning, preparation, coordination and execution for custom developed applications and hardware integrations as well as solid enough C# development experience in test frameworks to be able to advocate best practises to other developers.
- Optimistic attitude
- Communicate effectively
- Willingness to be an advocate of QA throughout the organisation
- Professional and ethical behaviour
- Analytical and logical thinking
- Abstract thinking
- Problem solver
- Good listener
- Must manage time efficiently and effectively
A friendly, respectful, internationally orientated, dynamic work environment and flexible working hours with a fun team. Keesing Technologies enjoys an informal business culture and good primary and secondary terms of employment, based on the CAO voor het Uitgeverijbedrijf (CAO-UB). In addition to a good salary, this contains a nice pension fund. There are regular social events, even sport groups too!Apply
Voor meer informatie over de vacature kun je contact opnemen met: